Office of Commissioner General
The Commissioner General is the principal Officer responsible for the efficient supervision, administration and control of the Namibian Correctional Service.
The Office of the Commissioner General is comprised of the following departments
- Correctional Operations
- Corporate Management
- National Release Board
Each of these departments are headed by a Deputy Commissioner General.
The duties of the Departments are as follows:
The Department: Correctional Operations is responsible for the core functions of the Namibian Correctional Service such as;
- Safe custody and security,
- Rehabilitation and integration,
- Correctional Industries,
- Investigations and performance assurance,
- Health services
The Department: Corporate Management is responsible for the provision of support functions such as;
- Human resource management
- Finance and administration
- Information technology maintenance, development and support
- Training college
The Department: National Release Board is responsible for the independent and quality conditional release decision making.